Thursday, August 8, 2013

Breakfast of Champions!

I made this Quiche the other night, I used a combination of recipes. One was from Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible: Cheesy Southern Quiche with Country Ham, and Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Quiche. I came up with a delicious combo of both recipe's and had my first quiche-baking experience. Paula's recipe required me to prebake the pie crust for a total of about 35 minutes, so I had some holes in my pie crust when I poured in the egg mixture. The crust was surrounded by egg, so it tasted like a frittata-quiche. I used 6 eggs, Paula's called for 3, Pioneer's called for 8. I used the same ingredients in Pioneer Woman's, but I added country ham to it. Overall, it was very savory and tasty and pairs well with fruit and and coffee!



Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Quiche Recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/06/cowboy-quiche/

No comments:

Post a Comment