Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rummaging!

So a highlight of this past weekend was going to Rummage Sales with my landlord's wife. Here in the Dakotas, they call garage sales or yard sales "rummage sales", and they go "rummaging". People are very serious about their rummaging habits (or addiction?). Another popular past time is attending auctions; estate auctions, consignment auctions, farm equipment auctions, you name it they have it. I have gone rummaging a couple of weekends. I even meticulously planned my rummage route, and was still blown away by how many items were already sold by the time I arrived. I clearly don't have much of an advantage on the locals that rummage. We furnished our entire place with rummage and Goodwill items. I have learned so much about bargain buying and realized how much good "used" stuff is out there. I feel it will be a very long time before I pay full price on anything and not feel bad about it! 

Here are some of the cool things we scored at Rummage Sales

Vera Bradly purse in mint condition- $1.00
Recliner, Lamp, and end table from Goodwill-$28.00
Couch from Craigslist- $60.00
coffee table from rummaging- $10.00

Rummage- 4 Elk coasters for $5.00
Rummage- candles $0.14 a piece!

I have picked up several other items, such as a huge Ball mason jar, wall decorations, Mary Kay products, plastic wine glasses, and I should probably stop there haha! 

So if you're ever in the Dakotas, pick up a newspaper for yourself and look in the classified section for "rummage sales", or if you're brave, an auction! You can thank me later ;-)

-Dakota Darling


2 comments:

  1. Cute Tay! Jared and I love rummage sales, but estate sales are our favorites. We never know when we will find that treasure we never knew we needed so bad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure is right!! Estate sales are great, they usually have really awesome items and nice furniture. It's probably best Thomas isn't with me at all of them, I probably wouldn't come home with as much stuff ;-)

      Delete